Oxford Technology Ventures, LLC is accepting resumes from cutting-edge software developers and senior user experience professionals.
TO APPLY FOR ANY UX or DEVELOPER ROLE:
Email your resume and an email serving as your cover letter. In your cover letter email, please state:
A. which position you are seeking;
B. why you want to work for us;
C. why you’d be a good fit for the role, and
D. please also send a UX document like sample wireframes or coding samples, as relevant to Jobs@OxfordTechnologyVentures.com
New York City – Contract or Contract-to-Hire
We’re building a people-matching platform that will power dating website(s) and iPhone and Android apps, including our own site, MiniDates.com . We have some unique ideas, and we’re using the latest open-source technologies: Backbone.js, Coffeescript, PhoneGap, Python, Tornado, and MongoDB.
We’ve got a slick technology stack that makes development fast and immensely enjoyable. We’re a small team with a hunger to get our product in front of users and investors ASAP. We have a beta-stage product that needs to be brought to production, extended, scaled and matured. We are VERY close to going live into private beta- like maybe a WEEK away!
We have a small dev. team right now and need other seasoned devs. who like solving wicked, real user problems to join it- and we particularly need a Lead/ CTO as our current CTO has some personal issues that are preventing him from finishing the project (you will be working with him and ultimately taking over as lead). We’re looking for a mature, experienced lead dev. who wants to live the “startup dream” of launching a consumer application and scaling it for thousands, if not tens or hundreds of thousands, of users. You’ll have maximum independence and ownership, the chance to apply your creative ideas to the product, you can work where you want and when you want, and you’ll have total technical ownership. We are willing to offer equity compensation (plus salary) in MiniDates for the right applicant who can help us launch and scale MiniDates and can assist with venture-capital investment raising as a cofounder. If you just want a job working on a cool cutting edge project but aren’t quite ready to take the lead, that’s OK as well.
- ability to work from partial specs (we use Pivotal stories) and to create specs when necessary
- some creative brainstorming and collaboration with the team + daily scrums
- oversight of a junior UI dev. in NYC and a remote systems admin/ dev. in Russia
- instilling and living by development and process best practices
- 5+ years of extensive professional experience in Python and Python web frameworks
- Experience configuring Linux hosted web servers on Rackspace, AWS, or similar
- Ability to work quickly and with minimal errors and supervision
- Experience doing self-QA and in leading technical QA
- Be a quick study!
- Experience with MongoDB, Tornado, and/or PhoneGap
- Mobile (iOS and/or Android) experience
- Project management experience, particularly in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- 3rd party platform integration experience, including Foursquare, Twitter, Facebook
- E-commerce and payment system integration experience
We’re always looking for top-tier User Experience professionals with great chops in product management, product strategy, product planning, team management, client relationships management and presenting, requirements gathering and analysis, metrics analysis, user experience concepting, user personas, information architecture on a variety of software platforms, usability testing and research, wireframes, functional specifications, sitemaps and flowcharts, etc. If you’ve got at least 5 years as an IA/ UX/ ID and consider yourself a polished, professional pro who’s fast and agile, we want to hear from you! We’ve got great client projects and can give you maximum flexibility and freedom to do what you do best in a small-team environment with minimal overhead.